About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Mystic Hot Springs

Last week while on the camping adventure, we spent a lot of time riding about on the Paiute ATV Trail and so as you may have guessed, a lot of the time I was covered in dirt and a little bit sore from more than 100 miles on an ATV over the course of two days.

That said, one of the highlights of our trip was the visit to Mystic Hot Springs. (Yes, I am being facetious. Kind of. It was a highlight because it is something to laugh at in retrospect but that's all.)

After two days outside, I was ready to go soak in the mineral pools. That is saying a lot since I am not usually one to soak in my own filth let alone other people's. (Also as I mentioned in an earlier post, I hate packing because I always feel like I'm forgetting something...especially when I don't know what I need for a new situation. I needed a swimsuit and I didn't have one.) Armed with clothes that were allowed to get wet and a change of clothes for my much wanted shower, ten of us headed to Monroe, Utah.

We arrived and this is what we saw:


Very nice, eh? It was an interesting experience to say the least.... (P. Fisher put it more like "This is the way horror movies start.")

That's about all I can tell you about it. I didn't have an opportunity to learn very much about it. (We asked what kind of minerals were in the hot springs and the response was "good ones." I did learn about what minerals are in the water on the website - and I also learned why myfeet were scalded when I touched the water. It is 168 degrees.) So I would say check out their website. They make it sound like a very nice place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment