About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Now I'm Worried About Camping....Again

Thank you Stuff White People like for your latest post, #128 Camping. I was almost prepared to go and sleep outside. There are all sorts of negative scenarios I can come up with and had talked myself out of them but then with perfect timing this post came along....

I particularly liked: "Camping is a multi-day, multi-step, potentially lethal activity that will cost you a large amount of both time and money." And then: "Once in the camp area, white people will walk around for a while, set up a tent, have a horrible night of sleep, walk around some more. Then get in the car and go home. This, of course, is a best case scenario. Worst case scenarios include: getting lost, poisoned, killed by an animal, and encountering an RV. Of these outcomes, the latter is seen by white people as the worst since it involves an encounter with the wrong kind of white people."

Nice....Now I have to start over convincing myself that it's not the worst thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment