About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yoga


I've been doing yoga at The Shop in Park City off and on for the last year.  I hated yoga prior to this studio - I had trouble quieting my mind, no one really taught me what things were supposed to feel like and the proper position so I hurt - and I just didn't really want to do it.  But finally after convincing myself that it would likely help with my arthritic joints, I started going fairly regularly to classes last winter and sure enough it was helping me feel better - and my mind eventually started quieting.

Why is yoga so popular?  After talking about it yesterday, I think it really is that there is so much going on in life right now.  No one is ever really away from it all.  There is too much technology leashing us to all of the things that urgently have to be done.  (In reality, I think we were doing alright before our cell phones linked us to the rest of the world 100% of the time)  Yoga allows us to be selfish....Not in a bad way....but in the way that allows us to escape everything for an hour or two and focus on ourselves and simply be.  Even I'm getting better at not thinking and just being....At least I think so....

No comments:

Post a Comment