About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Safari!

I got back from Kenya yesterday.  There are a lot of things to share, but a few highlights for now while I'm organizing the rest of my thoughts....and pictures.  They will all be posted sometime in the next couple days.

First I just want to say that this was the most incredible experience!  I can't wait to go back!  We got to see so much and I think Kenya is one of the most beautiful places in the world.  At least the best that I've been to.

While we were there, we spent a day in Nairobi visiting the elephant orphanage and a giraffe manor.....Then off to Amboseli/Selenkay Conservancy for two nights....Then to Nanyuki/Ol Pejeta Conservancy for three nights....Then Maasai Mara (two camps) for four nights....Back to Nairobi for a night and home.  It was a busy couple weeks with wake up calls early in the morning and then go-go-go all day and then late dinners to wake up and do it all again the next day.  I guess you could say that I brought excessive reading material thinking I'd have a bit more downtime. 

We stayed at four Porini camps and each of them were very different, but all great.  We saw the big 5 and many other animals....some that I'd never even heard of.  We had good food, good company, and a good time all around.

And here are just a couple elephants to tide you over....

No comments:

Post a Comment