About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

quiche -- or kwitchy if that's what you want to call it

Prepare yourself for this stupid moment from my childhood.... 

When I was little, I thought "quiche" was pronounced more like "kwitchy" and I have yet to hear the end of it.  It's not really a phonetic word so I still don't think it is that ridiculous, but they certainly think it is funny. 

I really like this meal since you can throw anything you like in with some eggs and it's easy....

Asparagus & Red Pepper Quiche
1 pie crust in a pie pan (I used a pre-made one)
6 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 lb. asparagus chopped
1 c. mozzarella grated
1 c. cheddar grated
2 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 dash Worcestershire

whisk it all together and pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 45-50 minutes. Cover crust edges if they start to brown to quickly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment