About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Business Dress

I've been fortunate enough throughout my professional career to always work in offices that are fairly casual.  I'm not a dress up person.  Not because I can't but because I HATE shopping for nice clothes.  Nothing ever seems to fit right.  And I don't like anything all that much.  (I really need someone to nominate me for What Not to Wear.)

More importantly.  Why is it that people feel it is so important to be dressed up at work?  I understand that you want people to look presentable.  I even understand wanting them to look nice, put together, and professional giving the impression that you are put together and professional.  I just feel like what you wear has nothing to do with your ability to do your job well.  I think when I am dressed up that it actually hinders my ability to work to my full potential because I am so uncomfortable that I spend far more time than necessary fidgeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment