About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Country Music vs. Pop Music (And a little Brad Paisley concert fun)

I made mention of the Brad Paisley concert in a blog a few days ago but never really said much more than that or posted any of my pictures.  (I'll get to that momentarily.)

Brad Paisley was one of the first country singers that got me listening for the third country phase of my life.  Between Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney, I was pretty much hooked in college and amazingly enough haven't moved out of this phase in the last seven or eight years

Country music has really transitioned over the last few years into pop music.  Rascal Flatts, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban....They are all filling the airwaves of pop music channels.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I just find it interesting that there are people who claim they hate country music as an entire genre.  Again, that's fine.  But stop trying to tell me you hate ALL country music but really like Taylor Swift.

So, the Brad Paisley concert.  It was a good one.  He's quite the guitar player and fun to watch.  Fortunately for me, S won a couple really good tickets on the radio the afternoon before so we had a good time from up close and in the lawn.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment