About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions...

Happy New Year!  2010.  Hard to believe it's been ten years since we moved to Utah.  And ten years since high school.

In my annual attempt at resolving to do new things, I have the report on how last year's resolutions went and the new ones for this year....

Last year:
  • Utah National Parks - I want to go to all of the National Parks in Utah before the end of the year.  I have lived here for almost ten years and have made it to Arches.  No excuses for not going - haven't made any progress yet this year but still hoping  --  I've made it to four - Arches, Zion, Bryce, and Capitol Reef -- In the next couple weeks I'm going to Canyonlands so I didn't quite make it but almost)
  • Read 36 books - That averages out to three books a month.  I thought it would be attainable.  So far I am working on my 6th and plan to have that finished this week as well as my 7th.  Pretty good for still being in month number 2. -- I'm nowhere close - I got through 24.  Next year I'll just have to set my goal a little more realistically
  • Do not purchase books. Use the library - while I haven't used the library, I haven't purchased any books either.  I have been reading strictly from my book shelves which is an accomplishment in and of itself for me. -- I did use the library.  But I also succumbed to the pressure and purchased 3 books.  Which is about 50 less than I usually do so though not perfect, I was fairly successful in accomplishing my goal
  • Track my mileage accurately - I've been doing this.  A while ago, I had a client - MileBug - for a research project and I bought his application for my iPhone.  It's remarkable how much I drive for work and now I actually know instead of guess. -- I actually did this...100% of the time.
  • Write my book - I am devoted to this and working on it.  Progress is slow but it is still progress -- No deal on this one.  While the intention was there, the action didn't back it up.
  • Yoga twice a week - I might average close to that but somehow work manages to get in the way.  I'm still trying - I notice a difference when I go. -- I didn't go twice a week but I'm still going when I can.
  • Be on time - This was for personal things.  I can manage to be on time, if not early to work related events but for some reason personal things are harder to make it to.  I've been much better though not 100% yet. (I blame the Park City time zone - they live fifteen minutes later than the rest of the world) -- I'm doing much better.
  • Limit my work to 45 hours a week and none on the weekends. - This was the one I knew would be a problem.  I have been good about not working on weekends but 45 hours has been a bit of a struggle.  I'm still trying though. -- For the most part this has worked.  I haven't had an 80 hour week in almost a year....helps losing a job - ha
Now for the new ones....
 
  • Read 24 books this year.  Should be much more realistic to finish two a month
  • Go on safari and see the Big 5 plus giraffes, zebras, and a cheetah
  • Keep adding to my Etsy store 
  • Learn ten more knitting stitches/patterns.  Learn to finish mittens
  • Continue going to yoga
  • Go camping at least twice
  • Decide what I want to get my masters in
  • Donate a gallon of blood

No comments:

Post a Comment