About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Giver

I read The Giver by Lois Lowry for book club last week.  My first thought was - how is it possible that I wasn't required to read this in school?  Almost everyone in the world seems to have read this in school.  Where were my teachers on this one? 

My second thought - I can't believe this is a children's/young adult book.  I'm not trying to sound extremely cliche here but this was deep, profound, touching.....insert whatever other cliche book review word you'd like to here....

I'd recommend this one to anyone and everyone.  It's so much more than a children's book.  It only takes a couple hours to read so there are no excuses for not reading it if you haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment