About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Angel's Hands Foundation Quilt

I finally finished it.  This is my biggest quilting project to date.  I'd wager to say that this will remain my biggest project ever until I have a really good workspace. 

Angel's Hands Foundation is an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children with rare diseases.  Today is their 10th annual "Friendrasier."  Every year they have a fundraiser that includes a silent auction and a live auction for the bigger items.  I have made quilts in the past for their silent auction, but this year, I made it to the live auction.  We (the kids and I) put together a special quilt in honor of the 10th anniversary celebration.  Each of the kids made a quilt square with their hand print (It is called Angel's Hands, after all) and I have been working on sewing them all together.  I think it turned out better than I thought it would.  We will see how it turns out in the true test of the auction tonight (I'm a bit nervous).  I'll share the results as soon as I hear.

In the meantime, some pictures....Not great pictures, but you can still see the final product.




1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I hope it gets a big donation for the kids!

    ReplyDelete