About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Meatballs....The Perfect Food For Any Occasion

Meatballs are so versatile.  They can be homey comfort food.  They can be fancy (i.e., served on a toothpick at a cocktail party). They can be Swedish.  They can be Italian.  You can make them from any type of meat (or even vegetarian).  You can add any seasoning you like.  You can follow a recipe.  Or you can just go with the flow and use what sounds good at the moment (that's more my style).


Two meals are on the menu this week with these meatballs: spaghetti and meatballs and meatball pizzas.  (Pictures of those will come with those meals - but for now, I'll focus on my make-ahead-meatballs)

As I mentioned, you can do whatever you want with a meatball.  The base: meat, breadcrumbs, and egg.

For these, I used Colosimo's skinless Italian sausage, ground beef (about three-quarters of a pound of each), salt and pepper, about a cup of breadcrumbs, two eggs, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and a handful of Parmesan cheese.

Mix it all up....getting my hands all slimy and gooey isn't my favorite part, but if you take the meat out of the refrigerator for a little bit to warm it up so it doesn't freeze your hands, it's a little bit better.  I usually forget that part until I'm in the middle of it with icy cold fingers.

Form meatballs and place them on a baking sheet.  If you want all of the grease to drain out, you can put it on a wire rack on the baking sheet. 

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes depending on how big you made your meatballs.  And then enjoy!  I'm already looking forward to spaghetti and pizza this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment