About Me

Park City, UT, United States
Keeping busy with one thing or another.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Those Pesky Resolutions For The New Year

Yes, it's that time again.  I don't know where the last year went.  I've always been told that each year in your life goes faster than the last because proportionately it's a smaller part of your life....It certainly seems that way.

I realized as I read a few of the Christmas card letters this year that not much of note happens for most people throughout a year.  At least I'm not alone in that.  But, this year did bring a few big events:
  • My sisters, parents, and I went to Kenya for a safari.  We saw amazing things, met great new people, and had an incredible time (hopefully I'm speaking for all of us).
  • We finished the first full year of being married....which truth be told wasn't all that much different than before we were married.  The big differences is that we have a joint checking and saving account now....and even that took us a few months.
  • And finally, I hit the big 3-0.  After a bit of panic (three months of it to be precise), the big day came and went without much fanfare and I survived to live another day. 
Now to think forward a little bit....I am a planner after all.  Here are a few resolutions and items to cross off the bucket list for this year:
  • I'm going to work on learning a second language.  I'm debating on which one.  I've got it narrowed down to Swahili (so I can go back to Kenya and live forever) or the more practical, Spanish.  Maybe I'll just do both??
  • Start taking guitar lessons and put that guitar that I was so sure I would use to use....or just start playing Rocksmith.
  • The always cliche, work out more.  It's been a rough year spending time on myself and getting healthy.  I have been mandated by the doctor to exercise more and with work conflicting, I haven't been so good about following that medical advice.
  • Read 36 books. This year I set the bar low at 24 and finished 37, so it's time to up my game.  I might also try to finish the Kurt Vonnegut collection within that 36.
  • Visit Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon National Parks.  I've hit all of Utah's National Parks, and it's time to expand the boundaries. 
So that's my list.  I'm also going to blog a bit more this year....I say that every year.  So you should read and comment more to give me the motivation to keep going.  Share it, too.  I like new readers.

Hope you all have a great New Year's Eve.....I'm sure I'll be tucked into bed nice and early as I usually am, so enjoy it for me.  And have an even better new year!

    1 comment: